Shafton Steel Services is a trading division of Billington Structures Ltd, structural steelwork specialists based in Wombwell, Barnsley. The company quickly established itself as major regional supplier to the fabrication, engineering and manufacturing sectors specialising in the supply of profiled plate (up to 300mm), bars and fittings.
We are one of the best equipped steel service centres in the UK. We continue to invest in the leading technology for cutting, drilling, profiling, shotblasting and priming equipment to service our customers.
Our experienced technical and operational teams pride themselves on providing the highest quality of product and service, quickly and reliably.
We are looking to recruit a Yard Operative / Steel Loader to join our team.
Hours of work 40 hrs over possible rotational shifts – Days / Afternoons.
The Role & Responsibilities
- Loading and unloading lorries using Overhead Crane, Forklift or Side loader.
- Picking steel sections and plate for machines.
- Loading, unloading, and stacking of steel onto Shotblast machines.
- Manual handling of timbers etc.
- Read and understand delivery and order notes.
- Adhering to onsite Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure highest standards of work continuously maintained.
Experience / Qualifications
- Experience with steel and a background of heavy machinery and plant desirable but not essential. Must also be reliable.
- Full training will be given for the main role, but preferred qualifications would consist of Overhead Crane licence, Forklift truck licence, Side loader and loading experience.
- Shunter driver would be beneficial but not essential.
- Basic understanding of steel processing, beams, plates flats and angles.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package including company pension, sick pay scheme and overtime is also generally available.
Salary will be negotiable dependent on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If you’re interested in this role, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01226 340 666 or fill in the form below.