Shafton Steel Services is a trading division of Billington Structures Ltd, structural steelwork specialists based in Wombwell, Barnsley. The company quickly established itself as major regional supplier to the fabrication, engineering and manufacturing sectors specialising in the supply of profiled plate (up to 300mm), bars and fittings.
We are one of the best equipped steel service centres in the UK. We continue to invest in the leading technology for cutting, drilling, profiling, shot blasting and priming equipment to service our customers.
Our experienced technical and operational teams pride themselves on providing the highest quality of product and service, quickly and reliably.
Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit a Machine Operative with Structural Steel experience to join our Shafton team.
The Role & Responsibilities
- Days 6:00am-3:00pm – Mon to Thursday and 06.00am to 12:30pm Friday
- Afters 3:00pm – 12:00am Mon to Thurs and 12:30pm to 7.00pm Friday
- (+ Shift allowance of £15.00 for the afters shift)
- Read and understand cut notes and drawings
- Processing steel through the saw and drill line
Experience / Qualifications
• Full training will be given for the main role, but preferred qualifications would consist of Overhead Crane licence, Fork lift truck licence, saw experience preferred.
• Basic understanding of steel processing
• Fork truck and OHC an advantage.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package including company pension, sick pay scheme and overtime is also generally available. Please get in touch with the Human Resource Team if you are interested.
Salary will be negotiable dependant on experience
If you’re interested in this role, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 01226 340 666 or fill in the form below.