Shafton Steel Services is a trading division of Billington Structures Ltd, structural steelwork specialists based in Wombwell, Barnsley. The company quickly established itself as major regional supplier to the fabrication, engineering and manufacturing sectors specialising in the supply of profiled plate (up to 300mm), bars and fittings.
We are one of the best equipped steel service centres in the UK. We continue to invest in the leading technology for cutting, drilling, profiling, shotblasting and priming equipment to service our customers.
Our experienced technical and operational teams pride themselves on providing the highest quality of product and service, quickly and reliably.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Machine Operative to join our team.
Hours of work rotational shifts – Days / Afternoons – 40 hrs
The Role & Responsibilities
- Hands on machine operation and loading.
- Cutting of fittings and small and large area profiles using Plasma Cutting machines.
- Use of overhead crane to load and unload material for cutting on and off the machine bed.
- Read and understand delivery and order notes.
- Adhering to onsite Health and Safety Regulations.
- Work to tight tolerances and ability to check your own work.
- Ensure highest standards of work continuously maintained.
Experience / Qualifications
- Experience with steel and a background of heavy machinery and plant preferred. Must be reliable.
- Full training will be given for the main role, but preferred qualifications would consist of Overhead Crane licence, Fork lift truck licence and loading experience.
- Basic understanding of steel processing.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package including company pension, sick pay scheme and overtime is also generally available.
Salary will be negotiable dependent on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If you’re interested in this role, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01226 340 666 or fill in the form below.