Shafton Steel Services is a trading division of Billington Structures Ltd, structural steelwork specialists. The company has established itself as major regional supplier to the fabrication, engineering and manufacturing sectors specialising in the supply of profiled plate (up to 300mm), bars and fittings.
We are one of the best equipped steel service centres in the UK. We continue to invest in the leading technology for cutting, drilling, profiling, shot blasting and priming equipment to service our customers.
Our experienced technical and operational teams pride themselves on providing the highest quality of product and service, quickly and reliably.
We are looking to recruit an experienced CAD Technician with Structural Steel experience to join our team in Shafton, Barnsley.
- Hours of work are full time: 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 3.45pm on a Friday.
- Enthusiastic with a good work ethic and a high level of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Ability to work closely with team members and the wider production team.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD with a few years’ experience from ideally a Steel or manufacturing background – you will work with a small, experienced and highly knowledgeable team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaising with departments to agree design details.
- Responding to production queries.
- Producing and revising high quality CAD layout drawings.
- Preparation of production documentation once drawings approved.
- Management of multiple projects.
- Assisting colleagues with technical support.
Experience & Skills
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Sigmanest and Steel projects would be of a distinct advantage.
- Able to work methodically and accurately.
- Able to produce professional correspondence.
- Be able to prioritise work to meet production deadlines.
- Strong numeracy and computer skills.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package including company pension, sick pay scheme, health cash plan scheme, enhanced parental leave and overtime is also generally available.
Please get in touch with Human Resources on email@example.com or 01226 340 666 if you are interested.
Salary will be negotiable dependent on experience.
If you’re interested in this role, please email Claire Upperdine at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details or fill in the form below.